Sunday, January 28, 2007

Last days

The last 2 days in Bogong where like all of them which looking back wasn't all that bad. Sure we didn't fly and the weather was awful but after 6 days of similar weather we were used to finding other things to do and I had actually started to worry less about not flying and just enjoyed the moments. I was invited out to lunch with one of the locals and we went up to the Anaperna winery for lunch. The food was delicious and I was so stuffed by the end that we decided to take a walk through the vineyards before heading back. You can see in the back ground how close the recent fires had gotten to the homes in the area.



I am very proud of my friends! Jeff raced smart and hard on the only comp day we had and finished 2nd just 3 seconds behind Lucas Bader. It was his best finish ever and he deserved his placing. Unfortunately we all didn't get the chance to knock him out of his spot ( I don't think I could have as he is flying so well ). I just love the look on Jeff's face, I don't think you could have burned the smile off of his face with a torch. Way to go Dr. I sure this won't be the last time that Jeff is on a podium. I am so impressed with how Jeff's flying has evolved, he is my inspiration and in the next couple of years I hope my skills turn on and I will be able to race head to head with him at the 09 worlds.

My big brother Jorge is the nicest guy I have ever met. And now he has a trophy to show it. It was a very moving moment when Heather Mull read aloud the comments from the numerous votes for the sportsmanship award that was created to honor her brother that passed away last year. Jorge won hands down and it is an honor to say he is my good friend and I miss him already. I am lucky as we all are to travel, fly and hang with a great group of fellow pilots and I will get to see most of them at the Flytec comp on April.

1 comment:

OB said...

Wasn't I the one chasing you down on the out and return day? Remember taking a great start together at base? Let's have more of those moments in April. Cheers,
OB