Monday, January 1, 2007

New Years eve in Sydney!

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!
A friend at home (thanx Amina)gave me the low down on where to go for new years eve. Man was she right! I think Sydney puts on the best show in the world for new years. Afetr finding a place to crash for the night me and the Jeffs hopped on the train back to the city center and headed ( along with a couple hundred thousand others)down to the harbor and circular qye and the Rocks. At 9 pm the sky lit up and explosions pounded down as the sky was alight with the biggest fire works display I have ever seen. The fire works were launched from the harbor bridge and the sydney opera house and from our location right in the middle we had the best seats in the house to watch the show. After the 9 pm show most of the families and kids headed home and the party really started. At many locations in the rocks there were lound music pumping in the streets and the intersections turned into dance clubs. We wondered around the packed streets dancing and meeting tons of people who were all having a great time. At 12 we were down at the water front again and watched a even bigger fire works show than at 9. there must have been over a million people out in sydney and 1/4 of them were in the area we where. The Jeffs and I agree that this was the biggest party any of us have ever seen. I hope you all had a great new years eve. I was glad That I was here but sad that I didn't have my sweetheart to kiss at midnight.
More tomorrow on parrots, road kill Kangaroo's, seeing a bunch of familiar faces and friends and the trip from Sydney through the Blue mountains to Forbes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.