Monday, August 6, 2007

Things are starting to change.


The hanger at the airport was pretty empty this morning when we got ther. Just the twins , Brett and Berrnie had set up last night when they got here.


By noon it was getting busy with pilots from all over the world assembling there wings. I am sure by tonight the hanger will be completely full.


Gilders are being delivered from all over the world.


The town of Big Spring is really behind the event. The local paper published a 12 page supplement all about the event and I was proud to see my good friend Jeff on the cover. (wish you were here dude)


There are signs all over town advertising the comp and the locals are very excited to meet us.


A local fire marshal had caught a bull snake to show us and ask us not to kill them as the aren't poisonous and are quite beneficial.


He pointed out to us how to tell the difference between a Bull snake and a rattle snake but also said to stay away from them as they can be aggressive and will bite you. I love Texas even more now!!!!


Prisons in Texas are big buisness, they are run by public corperations and are one of the main employers in Big Spring. There a couple of prisons at the airport and this one is a roadside motel that they wrapped barbed wire around and made it into a prison. Weird!


Lucas, Jorge and Adam.

Jammie Sheldon the naughty lawyer.

The twins, Brett and Berrnie in their pimpin wheels.

2 comments:

Shapiro said...

Seeing your photos with all the good people we have met makes me wish I was there too(not to mention the flying, oh the flying).
Good luck bro. I know you'll be blazing.
-J
P.s. your charger is on the way

OB said...

dude... I wasn't getting jealous until I saw the photos of the gliders in the hangar. Man I wish I was going to be there to see the show. Since we're not, you're going to have to take lots of pics and keep updating the blog. Thanks for the post.

GO FAST.