Saturday, August 11, 2007

Day 2....Soft in the middle.

Yesterdays task was a long one, down wind to Lamessa and then 1/4 tail to Crosby. I got up and into the death gaggle in the start circle. Just like the day before the lift was week and we weren't getting very high. I wasn't in great position for the 2:50 start so I went back up wind and climbed up with most of the rest of the field for the 3:10 gate. I was in the middle of the pack and we worked together very well to the first TP. I felt in the zone and time flew by, next thing I knew I was at Lamessa. After that it all went to shit. It was green and the lift was soft and it went from effortless flying to frustrated struggling. We would find only weak lift, drift off of course line turning and then punch back towards the line only to be a few km ahead. I was working hard with Primoz, Phil Bloom, Jon Orders, Kevin Carter and others. Eventually the ground cought up to me after way to many low saves and had to land. 35 pilots made goal, most flying well south of the course line. All of the Canadians landed short with Bernnie getting the closest then Mark, Jon, Me, Brett and Ross. Attilla won the day again but said that he thought that the task committee had made a mistake with the task. Given all of the big name pilots that didn't survive the first section after the TP I would have to agree with him.

No comments: