Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The most dangerous day at a hang gliding meet.


Day 6 was a rest day....... Right!

I went shopping for a gift for my daughter with the twins.

Later that night the motel we are all staying at, the Witten Inn, bought a ton of pizza, beer and vodka and redbull for all of the pilots. This turned into a huge pool party with all of the unsuspecting being mobbed, mugged for their electronics and then thrown in the pool. It was a blast but as usual with a hang gliding day off someone had to get hurt. One of the CIVL jury members from portugal broke his heel into 4 pieces when he jumped into the pool. Jonny got tackled into the pool and hit the top of his head, HARD and has a really sore head and neck this AM. The last one was Hans who may have cracked some ribs in the pool as well. At this point I went to bed so I could be in good shape to fly. Don't get me wrong, it was a blast. Hang glider pilots are some of the best people in the world and I enjoy my time on the ground with then equally as much as my time in the air.

No comments: