Monday, April 21, 2008

Mission imposible ( I need to stop thinking for myself)

They gave us 1 1/2 hrs to launch today, I was the 3rd one to launch so when I got off of tow and all tucked in I had 1:06 hrs until the first start. We banged up against the inversion for an hr. I thought that we had further to fly than yesterday that I wanted to go early. I was at the top of the stack with Tyler, OB, jr. and a few others. The first start hit so I went....... all alone. ( Damn!) but I had a plan so I worked it. I flew really well to the first turn point, knowing that it would be soft in that area I toped up, rounded the TP and..... NOTHING. I tried to avoid the ground as long as I could but ended up dirting it in front of the prison. The day ended up being impossible as no one made goal or even the 3rd tp.

As it turned out It wasn't as bad as I thought, it just moved me down to 31st and today is a new day. We are flying a 110 km triangle similar to the first day.
I'll let you know how it goes.


I needed to get over that mountain.


Alex, my good friend from Brazil and I landed in front of a HUGE prison in the middle of nowhere.

40 minutes after we landed the first groups started to fly over our heads as we picked splinters out of our souls. If you look close at this pick you can see Rob's Canadian flag glider, he did really well yesterday.


I miss you Pooka and Shan.

No comments: