Tuesday, April 22, 2008

AGAIN!

114 km triangle today almost the same as the first day. I waited for the second start and was high and in good position. Was going well towards the first TP, cought a few pilots. Got low over a small town and dug out from a couple hundred feet over top of a elementry school as I was watched and cheered by about a hundred kids. Got back up to 2000m and had one more climb 3 km before the TP. Tagged the TP and headed back to the same climb, topped up and headed towards the prison in the distance. Nothing to stop and turn in until I was really low right next to the swamp. Made 2 low saves in weak broken lift but I wasn't able to punch back into the wind and make any progress. I tried 4 times but finally had enough of 100 ft saves and landed next to Chopper and Philippo.


Lovin you from 6000 ft.

It is hard to take good pix and thermal.

I landed with Chris Smith and Phillipo

Chris sums up the day.

1 comment:

Jason Dyer said...

Poor you! As I dig out of yet another blizzard. Enjoy your situation wherever it sets you down. You could be digging out with the rest of us.

Rooting for you. Great blogging. Good luck and keep your wits about you.

See you in a few weeks.