Saturday, May 12, 2007

Impossible?

That was the question I had in my head after I landed for the second time today.

We got up over the resort but we were in light lift, drifting and not getting very high. Davis, Jeff and I were punching up into the wind trying to work our way to the edge of the start circle. The first tp was 4 km outside the 8 km start circle and directly into the wind. Davis and I went out by ourselves up wind again and neither of us found anything until it was too late. Davis went down just to the south of me. I tried to save my flight by hanging on to broken lift at 200'. I was there for 30 minutes drifting in light broken lift only getting up to 400'. When I had had enough I tried to run back to the resort but didn't make it. Russel came with the tug to pick me out of the field I was in ( Thanx a lot). He towed me up again, and Davis towed up again as well. I used all of the altitude to search around fore some lift. I found nothing so I ran back to the resort with my tail between my legs and landed. 7 other pilots were there already so I felt a little better about my day. As it turned out no one was able to make it very far so the day won't be worth much at all.


One of the tugs that make it all posible. Thanx guys ( and girl)


Lined up on the ground.......


....and in the air.




Right next to our oasis is the dirt airstrip that we are towing out of.


The view I have had a couple of times this week when I have made it in.

1 comment:

OB said...

I know you have had a life since the last day of Arizona. What have you been up to??? ~OB