Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The same as yesterday but in the other direction.

Bernard is my hero.

Scrappy light lift.
No sun.
Thick cloud cover.
Wind.
Low slow climbes.
No Patience.
No Goal for me.


This is NOT goal.

But...... Bernard is a different story.
He was in 2 minutes behind Jonny, the day winner.
One of only 15 into goal.
One of only 3 or 4 people to make goal on both days.
Bernard ROCKS


Mark made it in as well today on a very difficult day.
Jim, Rob and myself all landed within a couple of km of each other right on the edge of a large lake that we needed to cross. I was able to stay in the air, low but I was unwilling to try and cross the lake so I faltered around in the wind and the scrappy lift until the ground rose up to meet me. Ross was high enough to get across the lake but landed on the other side with a bunch of other pilots. It looked like a goal field except for the Giraffes and Zebra's in the field with them.

Getting ready for the day.


OB always makes me laugh.


One of the 2 launch lines.

No comments: